If you’re a medical assistant looking to craft a follow-up letter that’s both professional and effective, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share five ready-to-use Medical Assistant Follow Up Letter templates that you can adapt to your specific situation, as well as offer guidance on how to structure your message for maximum impact.
What is a Medical Assistant Follow Up Letter?
A medical assistant follow up letter is a formal document that a medical assistant sends to a patient, colleague, or supervisor after a meeting, appointment, or interview. It’s an opportunity to express appreciation, reinforce key points, and clarify any outstanding questions or concerns.
The tone of the letter should be warm and positive, and the content should be succinct, specific, and relevant. Follow up letters are a cornerstone of effective communication in the healthcare industry, and can be used to accomplish a wide variety of goals.
For More: Patient Follow-Up Letter 9 Ready Samples
Tips for Writing an Effective Medical Assistant Follow Up Letter
In addition to using one of the above templates as a starting point, there are a few general tips that you can follow to ensure that your letter is professional, impactful, and effective.
- Stay organized: Before you begin writing, make sure that you’ve reviewed any notes or other documentation from your previous interaction. This will help you avoid confusion and ensure that you’re addressing all of the relevant points.
- Be specific: Use specific details and examples to illustrate your points, whether it’s thanking a patient for their time or highlighting your relevant skills and experience in an interview follow-up letter.
- Highlight benefits: Whenever possible, emphasize the benefits that your follow-up will bring to the recipient. For example, a patient follow-up might emphasize how the doctor is continuing to monitor their health and well-being, giving them peace of mind.
- Use a warm tone: While it’s important to maintain a professional tone, you can also use warmth and empathy to build rapport and connect with your audience. Use language that demonstrates your commitment to patient-centered care and your willingness to go above and beyond to meet their needs.
- Proofread carefully: Before sending your letter, review it carefully for typos, grammatical errors, and other mistakes. Consider having a colleague or supervisor review it as well to ensure that it meets the standards of your organization.
Sample Follow-up after an appointment
Dear [Patient's Name], I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing [Practice Name] as your healthcare provider. Our team takes pride in offering compassionate, personalized care to each and every one of our patients, and it was a pleasure to meet with you and learn more about your healthcare needs. As we discussed during your appointment, [Summarize key points that were discussed, including any follow-up tasks that were agreed to]. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via [Phone / Email]. Thank you again for your trust in our team, and we look forward to supporting your healthcare journey in the months and years to come. Best regards, [Your Name] [Practice Name]
Template Follow-up after an interview
Dear [Interviewer's Name], Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the medical assistant position at [Hospital / Clinic Name]. I was impressed by the team's dedication to providing exceptional patient care, and I appreciated the opportunity to discuss my qualifications and experience with you. Since our conversation, I've been reflecting on some of the key takeaways from our conversation, including [Summarize the most important aspects of the interview, and express enthusiasm about the opportunity]. I believe that my skills and experience align well with the requirements of the position, and I'm excited about the possibility of joining your team. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me via [Phone / Email]. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, [Your Name]
Follow-up after sending a resume
Dear [Hiring Manager's Name], I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the medical assistant position at [Hospital / Clinic Name], for which I submitted my resume several days ago. I'm very excited about the opportunity to join your team and contribute to the high-quality care that you provide to your patients. I'm confident that my [Key skills or experience] would be a valuable asset to the organization, and I look forward to learning more about how I can support your mission. If there are any additional materials or information that you need from me, please don't hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon. Best regards, [Your Name]
Best Follow-up on a patient referral
Dear [Referring Physician's Name], I wanted to thank you for referring [Patient's Name] to [Hospital / Clinic Name] for [Type of care or procedure]. We value the trust and confidence that you place in our team, and we're honored to have the opportunity to provide high-quality care to your patients. Since [Patient's Name] came under our care, we've been doing our utmost to ensure that they receive the best possible treatment and support. [Summarize key aspects of the patient's care, including any updates or challenges]. We'll continue to keep you informed as their treatment progresses. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns, or if there's anything else that we can do to support your practice. Best regards, [Your Name] [Practice Name]
Follow-up after resolving a patient concern
Dear [Patient's Name], I wanted to follow up with you regarding the concern that you brought to our attention during your recent visit to [Hospital / Clinic Name]. At [Practice Name], we take all feedback seriously, and we're committed to addressing any issues or concerns that our patients may have. Since we spoke, our team has been working diligently to address the issue and ensure that it doesn't happen again in the future. [Summarize the steps that were taken to resolve the issue, and express appreciation for bringing it to our attention]. We're grateful for your feedback, as it helps us improve the quality of care that we provide to each and every patient. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via [Phone / Email]. Thank you again for your trust in our team, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Best regards, [Your Name] [Practice Name]
- A medical assistant follow-up letter is a valuable tool for building and maintaining positive relationships with patients, colleagues, and employers.
- There are a variety of situations in which a follow-up letter might be appropriate, including after an appointment, interview, or patient referral.
- By using one of the above templates as a starting point and following the tips provided, you can craft a letter that is professional, impactful, and effective.
- Remember to keep your tone warm and empathetic, be specific in your language and examples, and proofread carefully before sending.
We hope that these tips and templates have been helpful in guiding your Medical Assistant Follow Up Letter. Remember that each letter should be tailored to your specific situation and audience, and that the ultimate goal is to build positive, lasting relationships in the healthcare industry. Good luck!