After attending an interview, it’s always polite to send a thank you letter. A well-crafted thank you letter can be the difference between landing a role or not. Not only is it polite, but it shows the interviewer that you’re passionate and committed to the role. A follow-up thank you letter can set you apart from other candidates and demonstrate that you’re serious about the position. In this article, we’ll go over how to write a follow up thank you letter after interview and will provide you with nine samples.
What to Include in Your Follow Up Thank You Letter After Interview
Here’s what you should always include in your follow-up thank you letter after an interview:
- Proper Greetings: One should start the letter by showing some courtesy. Greet the interviewer by their name or use “Dear Hiring Manager” if you don’t have their name.
- Thank the Interviewer: It’s always important to express gratitude. Thanking them for their time and consideration for the role they’re hiring for.
- Mention Something About the Interview: It’s also essential to recall some specifics from the interview. Mention some things you learned, discussing something you’re excited about regarding the opportunity, or the things you feel you could contribute to the company.
- Reiterate Your Interest: Mention how much you want the position. Let them know you’re excited about the role and the company.
- Include Your Contact Information: It’s always important to include your contact information at the end of your letter, including your full name, email address, phone number, and LinkedIn URL.
Tips for Writing an Follow Up Thank You Letter After Interview
Here are some tips when writing a thank you letter post-interview to help you make a positive statement.
- Send Your Letter Within 24 Hours: Try to send your thank you letter within 24 hrs after the interview. That way, it’s fresh in the interviewer’s mind.
- Proofread Your Document: Ensure that your grammar and spelling is perfect. Take your time and review your letter before sending it.
- Make It Personal: Mention specific things you talked about during the interview so that your letter comes off as personalized and not robotic.
- Demonstrate Your Passion: Show your enthusiasm for the job, the company, and the industry you’re in.
- Be Professional: Remember, keep everything professional and avoid writing anything negative in your letter.
Sample Follow Up Thank You Letter After Interview
Here are nine samples of thank you letters you can use after your interview. You can tweak them to suit your circumstances and expedite the letter’s writing process.
Thank You for the Interview
Dear Mrs. Jackson, Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. I enjoyed our conversation about the position of Senior Analyst at Jackson Securities. I was thrilled to learn more about the company’s direction and plans for the future. I have no doubts that I can add value to the team, combining my experience, and my skills. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need further information about any of my qualifications. Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to an update on the status of my application! Best Regards,
Thanks for Your Time
Dear Mr. Leo, I want to express my gratitude for the time you took out of your busy schedule yesterday to meet with me regarding the Accounting Manager position at ABC Corporation. I relished our discussion about the industry and the current trends in accounting. I am confident that my experience in budget forecasting, financial modeling, and finance analysis, and more aligns with what ABC Corporation is looking for in a candidate. If you require further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing about the next steps in the process. Sincerely, John Doe
Greatly Appreciated Your Time
Subject: Dear Ms. Davis, Thank you for taking the time to interview me for the position of Human Resources Coordinator. I appreciated having the chance to learn more about the company's HR department and the values that you uphold. Our discussion about the importance of employee development and morale-building was particularly insightful, and I believe my skills and experience would be well-suited to this role. I want to reiterate that I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team and contributing to the company's continued growth and success. If there is any other information that I can provide, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again for your time and consideration. Best regards, Samantha Smith
Thank You for Your Time and Consideration
Subject: Dear Mr. Lee, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for meeting with me yesterday about the IT Analyst position at ACD Inc. I genuinely appreciated the opportunity to learn more about the company, the team, and the specific requirements of the role. I am enthusiastic about the possibility of contributing to a company that values innovation, collaboration, and customer satisfaction. I am confident that my experience in systems analysis, coding, and project management would greatly benefit the company. Thank you again for your time and consideration. If you have any further questions or need more information, feel free to contact me at any time. Best regards, William Chen
Grateful for the Interview
Subject: Hello Mrs. Taylor, I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity to discuss the available position in your firm. Our conversation about the business's culture, team dynamics, and the role's specifications gave me a clear picture of how I could contribute to the company's growth. I look forward to learning more about the team's functions, an opportunity that I believe will provide me with a chance to explain my learnings from our discussion during the interview. Please reach out if there is anything else you require from me. Thank you again for your time and consideration. Best regards, Olivia W.
Thank You for the Meeting
Subject: Dear Mr. Johnson, I am writing to express my appreciation for taking the time to meet with me yesterday regarding the Sales Account Manager position. I enjoyed learning more about the company's products/services, and was impressed with the organization's approach to client relationships. I am excited at the prospect of utilizing my experience in business development and excellent communication skills to contribute to the team's success. If you require additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Sincerely, Jordan T.
A Follow-up Thank You letter shows appreciation for the opportunity to interview for a position. It also demonstrates your enthusiasm for the job, company, and industry. In this article, we provided tips for writing an effective follow-up thank you letter and nine sample letters that you can use as a guide to draft your version.
Remember, time is of the essence; try to send out your thank you letter within 24 hours after the interview, keep it professional, and proofread it thoroughly. With these tips and samples, we hope you can draft an excellent follow-up thank you letter that will positively impact your chances of landing the job.